It is finally cold enough in Texas to thoroughly enjoy a steaming cup of coffee without sweating. My Vietnamese friend taught me the secret to good coffee: condensed milk!!!
Hot Vietnamese Coffee Recipe
✰ Coffee Pot Way:
◦ Chicory coffee or a strong french roast
◦ Water to brew coffee
◦ Condensed milk
- Brew a pot of strong coffee
- Add in 2 tablespoons of condensed milk per cup of coffee
- Stir and enjoy!
✰ Traditional Way:
◦ 1.5 tbs chicory coffee or a strong french roast
◦ 1/2 cup hot water
◦ 2 tbs condensed milk
◦ Single cup filter / brewer (Phin)
◦ 8 oz glass cup
- Add in 2 tablespoons of condensed milk to glass cup.
- Place single cup filter over cup and spoon in 1.5 tbs grounded coffee. Add the filter piece and press down.
- First add a small amount of hot water and wait for it to seep into the coffee. Then add the rest of the water to the top of the filter cup unit. Cover filter unit with cap/lid.
- Allow 3-5 minutes for the coffee to drip. *drum your fingers*
- Remove cap and set filter unit on top. Stir and enjoy!